About to head out from San Diego which is now basically my 2nd home and wanted to give you a few cool take aways and ideas from the weekend.
1. The connections and networking was more valuable than the content, just like my other event 2 weeks ago. As always, WHO you know is just as important as what you know and once you know a respectable amount, WHO you know is WAY more critical.
2. As @andyfrisella does beautifully with his company @1stphorm – going the extra mile and adding value to your customers that is way beyond the norm is critical for long term business growth and building a free sales team (where your customers sell for you). Treat every customer like they are your best friend or family.
3. I saw Billy Gene speak again and he further highlighted the need for video ads. He also positioned a cool 40$ per day ad strategy for people starting that i liked. I’ll break down my similar starter ad strategy in a coming post.
4. Bedros did a great talk on resilience and tackling each day like 10 people are in a basement planning your takedown. I like that mindset.
5. Shawn Stevenson spoke about how to build a 7 figure podcast. Nothing mind blowing there but he did emphasise that you need to go for a niche within a niche. I often teach this for overall marketing so it was good to hear him talk about it specifically for podcasts. You can’t become a “Weight loss expert” you need to be a “weight loss expert for 40+ moms working out at home” for example.
All in all a good 3 days hanging out with a bunch of great friends and some new friends i met along the way! Great job to @bedroskeuilian for the awesome event.